How I can qualify for the Euro Champs 2021?
Update: January 2021
The Spartan European Championship 2021 will be hosted in Verbier - Switzerland - on September 18th 2021. Come and discover the heart of the Alps of Valais.
The European Championship event will offer Championship Heats in the categories Elite and Age Group only (The Open heats are no European Championship heats). In order to race in the Elite or Age Group category at the European Championship you will need to qualify.
The qualification system for the European Championship for 2021 is the following:
- Elite Racers qualify for the Championship by placing top 10 in category Elite at any Spartan Race in Europe between July 1st, 2019 and last Sunday before the European Championship race in 2021.
- Age Group Racers qualify for the Championship by placing top 10 in their Age Group category at any Spartan Race in Europe between July 1st, 2019 and last Sunday before the European Championship race in 2021.
- Age Group Racers qualify for the Championship by placing Top20 in their Age Group Category in any race in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) between July 1st, 2019 to September 7, 2021- due to their status as hosting region for the European Championships.
For both qualifications we use the "roll down"* system. (* If the first place already got a qualification, the second will get his code and so on, that means also place 11 or 12 can qualify potentially)
- Elite and AG racers who qualified for the 2019 and 2020 European Championship are also now automatically qualified for the 2021 European Championship. *
*Due to the situation around Covid-19 many qualifying races have been cancelled or postponed. Therefore, the qualification rules are updated to ensure our top Elite and Age Group racers do not miss out.
Every qualified racer will receive an email invitation with his/her personal qualification code that is then to be used in order to sign up for the Championship event. It is not possible to register without your personal qualification code. The email invitation will be sent latest 3 weeks after the event where the qualification was accomplished.
- If you were already registered to the 2020 European Championship event:
If you were registered, and have activated the option to transfer your ticket from Oberndorf/Tenerife event to the 2021 European Championship event, you will automatically receive your transfer code to sign up for the 2021 European Championship event- once that event is officially confirmed.
- If you have a code valid for the 2021 European Championship:
Once we open registration for the 2021 European Championship event, your codes will automatically be valid to sign up for that event.
- You have already received your qualification-code but did not use it yet:
All unused qualification-codes are expired. You will get an email with a new code which can be used as soon as the European Championship event registration opens for 2021.
- You have to hold a passport of a European Country (EU and non-EU components are all included) in order to register for the Elite or Age Group category in the European Championship race and be eligible for prize money, awards and podium recognition.
- Only racers 18 or older on the day of the race can take part in the Euro Champs!