The only way to ensure that you will start at the same time as your friends is to create a Team.
You can join or create a team during the registration process.
- Racers who are registered as part of a team on the Same Day in the Same Time Block will be moved to a common team start time once start times are assigned.
- Start times will be posted 10 days prior to the event weekend.
- For example:
- If a team has members who are registered for both Morning and Afternoon Time Blocks, all team members registered for the Morning will be grouped together within the Morning Time Block and all team members who are registered for the Afternoon will be grouped together within the Afternoon Time Block.
- Participants who register for the Age Group category will be assigned a start time based on their Age Group and gender only- regardless of whether that participant is part of a team.
- Team members will not be placed together in the Age Group category unless they are in the same age group range and gender (depending on heat capacity).
- Please Note Racers who do not begin the race at their assigned Age Group start time risk disqualification.
Team start times are not determined by the captain's preferred time.
Elite, Age Group, and Morning
- Racers who are registered for Elite, Age Group, or Morning start times will not be moved to Afternoon team times. We assume that racers who have paid extra for these heat times would like to remain in them.
- If you are registered for the Elite, Age Group, or Morning Time Block and request to be moved to an afternoon start time, no refund will be provided for the price difference. Whether or not this request is able to be accommodated is dependent on your desired heat's availability.
- Racers who are registered for Afternoon heats will not be moved into team times in the Elite, Age Group, or Morning blocks unless they pay the difference in price. This is also dependent on the desired heat's availability.
- For a complete explanation of Elite, Age Group, Morning, and Afternoon Time Blocks for our events, please see the following article: Elite, Age Group, Morning, and Afternoon Time Blocks.
- Any racer who has already registered but wishes to join a team or change teams must do so at least 21 days prior to the race, to allow time for processing.
- After your registration is complete, you cannot make team changes within 21 days of race day.
- Spartan reserves the right to adjust your start time at any time despite your "preferred" start time, based on team size, space and availability.