Sometimes, things happen, and you're just not able to make an event that you had planned on. Not to worry, Spartan does allow racers to defer their unused registrations to a future event or another person.
In this Article:
Spartan Race Transfer Process
- 30 Days To Transfer Your Registration: You have up until 30 days after your originally scheduled race to transfer to a new event.
- The option to defer will be taken offline the Wednesday prior to the event and will reopen online by the Wednesday after the event.
- Hurricane Heat events can be transferred up until MONDAY prior to the event. Hurricane Heats cannot be transferred once the event weekend has passed.
- Kid's events can be deferred up to the Wednesday night prior to the event.
- When deferring to a new race or person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the desired race or heat is not sold out prior to completing the transaction.
- If an event, format or particular start time you wish to transfer to is sold out it will not be possible to transfer.
- Transfer Fee: To transfer your race registration to another event or to another person, there will be a £20 transfer fee (not applicable for Kids' races).
- Difference in Price Fee: When transferring your registration, a credit will be applied to the new event for the retail value of your original ticket (at the time of purchase). You will be responsible for any difference in price between the new race entry fee and your credit.
- Total: Upon checking out, the charges reflected will include the credit from your original price applied against the total of the new race entry fee. The remaining fees will include any remaining balance from your credit, the £20 transfer fee, the processing fees, and any applicable taxes.
- Discounts: You will not be able to combine a transfer with any other coupons, discounts, offers, passes, or vouchers.
- Deferment credit: Any deferment credit remaining after you sign up for the new event will be forfeited. It cannot be used for future events, processing fees, or merchandise.
- At this time, you can only transfer your race to another Spartan event within the UK or Ireland.
- Please Note: No refund will be provided where the price of the Registration being transferred into is lower than the price originally paid
- 100% Off Codes and Passes: If you registered for an event with a Pass or 100% off code then your registration may NOT be eligible to transfer. Please contact email@example.com for confirmation.
Transfer Your Registration BEFORE Event Weekend:
1. Log into your Ticket Socket Account
- If you are transferring an OCR event you will log into your OCR Ticket Socket Account (select "Have an account? in the top right corner).
- If you are transferring a Trail event you will log into your Trail Ticket Socket Account (select "Have an account? in the top right corner).
2. Under "Your events" you will need to locate the Order Number for the event you would like to transfer out of. To do so find the event you want to transfer out of and change the "Order" drop-down box to find your Order Number:
3. Then under "Your orders" locate the registration with the corresponding Order Number from the drop-down box above:
4. Click the gear to the right of your Order Number and select "Change Order":
5. Select the option at the bottom that says "Switch to a different event":
6. You will then be directed to a page that lists all the events we currently have open for registration. Use the "SEARCH EVENTS" box at the top to locate the event you want to transfer into. Select the new event:
7. You will then be taken to a page that lists the event you are transferring INTO at the TOP and the event you are transferring OUT OF at the BOTTOM.
8. Click "CHANGE" next to the event you are transferring OUT OF at the BOTTOM:
9. Choose your desired time block (Elite, Age Group, Morning, or Afternoon) for the new event. Note, you will only be able to transfer into heats that are not sold out.
10. Remember to join/create any desired teams for the new race and select your new preferred start time.
11. Enter your initials for the new waiver.
12. Click "UPDATE INFORMATION" at the bottom.
(PLEASE NOTE: You will see a notice that says "You haven't selected any tickets to change!" This notice will disappear once you click "UPDATE INFORMATION"):
13. Any difference in price charges and the transfer fee for the new event will appear. Enter your payment information.
14. After completing the payment, you will be entered into the new race!
Transfer Your Registration to Another Person or Transferring After Your Original Event Weekend has Passed
Log into your Ticket Socket Account
- Select the race you would like to transfer. Then click the gear on the right and click "Change Order".
- Select "Switch to a different person".
- You will click this option regardless of transferring to another event AFTER your event weekend has passed or if you are transferring to another person.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to transfer to. Please ensure there are no typos.
- If you are transferring yourself to a new event then enter your email address.
- You will then pay the £20 transfer fee (includes a service fee).
- Upon completing the payment, the new racer will receive a confirmation email with their race code.
- If you are transferring yourself to a new event then the code will be emailed to you.
- They will use that code when signing up for their desired race in the coupon code section.
- They will be responsible for any difference in price.
- Transfer codes are valid for 90 days from the date received.
- Trifecta Pass Registrations: If you signed up for a race with a Trifecta Pass, you will need to contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for help deferring your race. You can only transfer to a race of the same distance (Sprint to Sprint, Super to Super, or Beast to Beast). Standard timelines and pricing (listed above) apply.
- Volunteer Registrations: If you signed up for a race with a volunteer code and need to transfer please follow the instructions on the volunteer FAQ here
- Groupons and Other Third Party Pass Codes: If you signed up with a Groupon voucher, your race is not eligible to be transferred. More information on that can be found here.
- Season Passes: As a Season Pass holder, you are not able to transfer your entries. Transferring includes additional fees, and it would be more cost-effective to just sign up for your new race like normal with your pass.
- Agoge: Due to the unique nature of the Agoge, we are unable to offer a refund or future race credit under any circumstance.